Paddling Resolutions for 2019
As we reflect on the ups and downs of 2018, we are also thinking ahead to the new year. Here are our paddling resolutions for 2019 - we invite you to join us as we make them a reality.
1. Try a new discipline. One thing we love about paddling is the variety of options. This year, learn how to incorporate fishing, surfing, or yoga into your paddling routine. Or get competitive and sign up for a race!
2. Go on an adventure. It can be big or small. A 15 mile day trip on your local body of water could be enough for you, or maybe you would like to plan your first overnight paddling trip. The options are endless, and the goal is to move out of your comfort zone.
3. Try a new mode of paddling. Yes, paddling vessels can be expensive, but adding a board or boat to your quiver is one of the best ways to jump-start your paddling life. It will get you out on the water more, make your sessions more fun, and give you an opportunity to learn new skills and techniques.
4. Teach a friend to paddle. Bring a friend with you to experience the beauty of paddling for the first time. They will thank you, we promise.
5. Travel to paddle. This could be a quick weekend drive to a river or coastline you haven’t explored yet, or an international trip. There’s nothing like exploring a new place from the comfort of your stand up paddleboard or kayak.
And remember, Ocean Tribe Outfitters is always here to help you on your paddling journey. Stop in to talk to us about great paddling destinations and gear, if you’d like.
Ocean Tribe Outfitters is a branch of Sanibel Sea School that helps the SWFL paddling community better explore, enjoy, and understand the ocean. Visit oceantribeoutfitters.org or follow us on Facebook to learn more.